There are so many flooring choices available; wood, carpet, linoleum, vinyl, tile, why choose wood floors?
You’re right, there are many flooring choices out there. Besides the obvious benefits, like looking great and being super stylish, Burkhart Wood Flooring LLC has a list of other reasons why wood floors is your best choice.
- BEST VALUE. Wood floors may have a higher initial investment, but it is the best investment you can make over the life of your floor.
- The National Association of Home Builders recently compiled a “How Long Things Last” report for home owners. While other flooring options had a life expectancy of a decade, wood flooring’s estimated life was listed at 100-plus years. So when you compare the total costs, initial plus ongoing maintenance, over the life, wood floors are the lowest cost option.
- Wood floors are repairable. Burkhart Wood Flooring LLC can repair scratches and dents just like you do with furniture or we can replace those damaged boards.
- Wood floors add value to your home at resale time. In a survey of real estate agents, 90% surveyed agreed that homes with wood floors sell for more money than homes without — up to 10% more. In addition, 82% agree that homes with wood floors sell faster than homes without them.
- Wood floors are the most sought after flooring solution in home remodels and new home construction.
- There are so many wood floor options to choose, you can find a wood floor solution for almost all budgets.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN AND CLEAN. Routine maintenance is using a microfiber mop on a regular basis and the occasional use of a recommended wood floor cleaning solution. Wiping up spills immediately to protect against moisture and placing area rugs and using felt pad furniture protectors will guard against scratches. Please see our Wood Floor Maintenance Tips and TYKOTE dust free recoating sections for further protection options to extend the life of your wood floors
- BEST HEALTH OPTION. When it comes to dust allergies, wood floors do not collect as much dust as carpets and other flooring materials.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. Wood is renewable, sustainable, recyclable and 100% natural. Burkhart Wood Flooring LLC has green, Low V.O.C. finishing options for you to choose from.
- WARMTH AND BEAUTY. Wood floors have the ability to enhance the décor of any room in the house. Looking back at history, it is very unlikely for wood floors to grow out of fashion.
- GREAT SELECTION AND VARIETY. With today’s advanced manufacturing processes, advances in stains and finishes, unfinished and prefinished wood choices and improved forestry practices to maintain species and increase wood supply, there are more wood floor choices today than in the past.
With all these reason’s wood floors should be on your short list. Call Burkhart Wood Flooring LLC at (336) 448-4411 for a free home consultation to review your needs and explore your options.